Will all my current applications work the same in Windows 10?
For the most part, you should expect a very similar experience with your applications in Windows 10 as you did with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. We cannot speak for other vendors, but Freedom Scientific engineers have been hard at work ensuring that you have a positive experience in Windows 10.
There are some known accessibility limitations as described by Microsoft. They recommend the following:
- Set your default web browser to Internet Explorer (or Firefox) for a more accessible web browsing experience (see instructions below)
- Install a 3rd party PDF reader like Adobe Reader, for a more accessible PDF reading experience
- Use the Outlook and Office desktop applications for a more accessible email and productivity experience
- If you have a secondary computer, consider upgrading that one first, to familiarize yourself with the Windows 10 experience
To change your default browser, do the following:
- Open Settings by typing "settings" into the Windows 10 Search box, or press WINDOWS Key+I.
- Enter Default programs.
- Choose Set your default programs.
- Select Internet Explorer from the list of programs.
- Select Set this program as the default, then select OK.